View Single Post
We're all mad here.
Default   #7  
On a general world building note, I find that it's the little details that might get to me more than the big ones. The tiny things that don't make a lot of logical sense, or things that just show up and don't come back again will make me rethink the story.

For example, I was reading a story about a guy who was just fighting a group of people with his badass wolverine gauntlets, but then goes to shake hands with another guy after the fight. No mention is made of those gauntlets when he shakes hands, even though they are sticking out several inches and do not retract (as far as we've been told.)

I can handle the king of the world being a cephalopodal dinosaur with a pink hat, but if people against this domineering king are hiding out in other countries, where are they hiding? Like, Dinoctohatus Pinkus is king of the world, where in this world are they hiding? There ought to be some explanation for that, like an underground resistance movement or something.

From the same story where I encountered the King of the World with his enemies hiding out in areas that were apparently not in his world, the three rebels were travelling together via different modes of transportation. They are travelling through a forest. One guy is flying on a big thing. Another guy is flying on a smaller thing. The last guy is on foot.

One guy...on foot.

Explain!
Old Posted 04-18-2017, 02:19 AM Reply With Quote