Thread: Games by Coda
View Single Post
Developer
Hyping up for Ludum Dare 39! I've got several ideas in mind depending on which of the themes end up winning the vote. There are a couple I REALLY hope end up losing, though. The last two Ludum Dares I've participated in, we got screwed really bad by the theme, and it would be nice to get a theme I can actually WORK with this time.

First time around was AWFUL. "Ancient Technology" -- good grief, what kind of game can you make with a theme like that? I mean, we had some ideas to work with, but nothing that would have really turned out very good, and definitely nothing that we could get meaningful artwork for given the tools and people we had at the time. The game we ended up making (Bobble Battle) had nothing to do with the theme.

Second one was "Small World". That was also pretty awful, because the implications of what it meant for the game mechanics were just horribly uninteresting. In the end, Diminishing Lands did fit with the theme, but only because we were just implementing stuff without a plan in hopes that we'd figure out how to tie it in. That was really stressful. :/
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 07-28-2017, 04:46 PM Reply With Quote