View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
Anuli watched as the boy took out the crystal once more to write on it this time? Apparently the crystals had more uses than just spells and stuff. You could write on them too, which made no sense to Anuli, but then, who was she to judge? "I'm in for art. Painting is my passion, but I'm worried that I could have just skipped the whole school thing. It'd amount to the same either way, right? It's not like being educated will help my paintings sell better," she said, hints of regret lingering around the edges of her voice.

"The way it's looking, these dead end jobs are going to be my future," she said with a bitter laugh. She looked back to the crystal now marked up with Bale's notes, "You really would do that for a stranger? Thank you...Now, let's hope it works, yes?"
All that is empty in the drawing should be filled in, the teacher said to us kids. First you sharpen the pencil to fill in the thin whiskers, then you use the thick crayon to fill in the wings with brown, meticulously and without letting the crayon leave the page. Six feet can be traced below the soft belly. Now, breathing is hard to detect on paper, the teacher said to me when I asked, but it is easier to feel it in real life.

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Old Posted 07-05-2018, 03:27 PM Reply With Quote