View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
{{Yeah, I thought the description didn't match the image at all! I was wondering. xD Mine looks pretty much as seen there, and yeah, I don't do one liners unless it's that type of rp. But, haha, I haven't been in that type of rp for years now.}}

Anuli nodded when he held out the crystal. That was indeed what she was asking about, but he seemed to be struggling with words. Either a.) he didn't know the name of the crystal, or b.) he was being secretive about the spell he was casting. She placed her hand on her hip, one foot cocked out as she waited for him to flip through his sketchbook, wondering what the heck he was doing.

"Metaphysics? Like the philosophy as coined by Aristotle largely revolving around questions about existence?" Anuli asked, raising her eyebrow. With how little she knew about crystals, it was likely that they just took the name the late great philosopher had used. She was aware of his philosophies, but was also well aware of those that vehemently disagreed with his teachings, and in some instances, she found herself agreeing. Philosophy was too subjective for her taste, moreso than English or the other humanities, but she understood it.

"Spooky events?" she asked, repeating his terminology, "Spooky like what?"
All that is empty in the drawing should be filled in, the teacher said to us kids. First you sharpen the pencil to fill in the thin whiskers, then you use the thick crayon to fill in the wings with brown, meticulously and without letting the crayon leave the page. Six feet can be traced below the soft belly. Now, breathing is hard to detect on paper, the teacher said to me when I asked, but it is easier to feel it in real life.

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Old Posted 06-25-2018, 02:31 AM Reply With Quote