View Single Post
Lazy
Default A Spot of Meta-poetry   #1  
Now, if you're not the type who is unusually keen on Latin roots, you may wonder what exactly "Meta-poetry" is. Meta-poetry is a phrase that I fabricated to describe poetry that is written on the subject of poetry itself. I am a rather simple man, and find that while thinking of poetry, I can think of nothing else, so I just write about it.

I can make no promises about its quality. I adhere rather strictly to the rules of rhyme and meter, though this often leads to awkward structure and forced sounding rhymes. Though I can hardly say that awkward structure is so different from the prose that I type. The subject matter is not terribly dark, especially when compared to much of the other verse on this forum, but I find that it's more sober than most of my prose. It seems that I just can't fit my wit within the rules of rhyme. I could say that I'm just looking for honest feedback, but is there anything sadder than a hack pretending to want constructive criticism?

Oh, and, so far at least, all poems here are sonnets, so brace yourself for iambic pentameter.

Meta-Sonnet

Muse

Immortality

Originality

State of Mind

Consumption

I Wonder Why

Aspirations

Solipsism

Red

Requiem for a Remnant

In all likelihood, you just read a clunky wall of text. There's no need for me to make you read even more in my signature.
Last edited by Xyphlan; 11-17-2013 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Added "Requiem for a Remnant"
Old Posted 02-20-2013, 01:19 AM Reply With Quote