View Single Post
Keyblade Master

I am a bit concerned about the no bumping rule as well. I have a search thread in the OOC forum. What am I to do when it falls off the front page or even very close to the bottom of the front page? People won't post in it unless I were to bump it up, which would show it's still live and active. People would think it has died, thinking I'm no longer looking for role play partners when I actually am, and I don't want to have to re-make it every time it were to happen.

Not only that, but I have a few hangouts that I don't want to have to keep remaking just because someone didn't feel like posting in it for about a week, causing it to fall off the front page.

If people are to just remake threads now because bumping is no longer allowed, it's going to clutter up the forums with multiple threads we don't really need. I think it's better to just let people have there bit of currency they get from the one bump post rather then cutting that out and causing a massive flood of multiple threads when a perfectly good and still usable thread is being pushed off the front page of a forum.

EIDT: Unless you plan on creating some sort of Bump button at the bottom of threads to weigh this out? Like on Solia Online, they have a bump button appear at the button of every thread after an hour has gone by with no posts made since the last one. Ernya now has the same thing too.

Last edited by Sora; 04-02-2011 at 11:19 PM.
Old Posted 04-02-2011, 10:57 PM