Thread: Weird Religions
View Single Post
Wayward Victorian Doll
It looks like I'm a little late to the party on this one, buuut...

Quote:
1. What religions do you find to be strange?
All of them. I understand the concept of most, and the general need for a sense of community, creating a purpose for oneself, and having someone to credit/blame for the creation of existence. What I find strange is that all of these people choose to put labels on themselves and nitpick about the specifics of their deities instead of realizing that they're all really just striving for the same thing.
Quote:
2. What religion (if any) do you conform to and why?
The religion of... Keeping it cool, I guess? It's fun to speculate about a higher being, but the very nature of such a thing would prevent us from fully understanding it anyway. Without going into too much detail, there are issues much closer to home that I'm more concerned with.
Quote:
3. Do you believe that there is a true path?
Reason, respect, empathy, and always striving to be better than you are without bringing anyone else down along the way. Granted, my actions don't always reflect those ideals, but...... shut up.
Quote:
4. What is different from the religion in question one and your own religion?
Seemingly everything.
Quote:
5. Do you have any interest in learning about religions? Why or why not?
Sort of, in the same way that I'm be interested in reading fairy tales. In most places the bible reads like a longer, more fiery version of Aesop's Fables with a lot of recurring characters, so that's pretty fun.
Old Posted 10-07-2015, 02:06 AM Reply With Quote