Thread: Weird Religions
View Single Post
Dazed
Default   #37  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher View Post
Honestly, I don't know much about Scientology. It's not one that particularly interests me. Jediism, on the other hand, is really cool to see how it's taken off in the last 15 years or so. I never watched the movies, so I don't exactly know what code they follow or their, hm, role models I suppose? I dunno. It's very interesting, though, so long as they're not the type that uses it as an excuse to act up in public, cuz that's never cool.

Havism isn't one I've heard much about, but it sounds about as nice as any other. I mean, in my household, we have a wide range of beliefs. I'm JW, obviously. My mother is Christian, my bio-mother is Wiccan, and her hubby is... I believe Asatru, but don't quote me on that. My father was Catholic before he passed. So, as long as a religion doesn't encourage someone to harm others without good reason, I consider it valid. And I always approve of any teachings that want individuals to seek their own answers.
I have a profound interest in Scientology due to what it's based on and what draws people to join it. I visited the Church of Scientology near me for the first time yesterday. It was nice.
Jediism also interests me, but for reasons slightly different than your own. It's an almost exclusively online community and I really am curious as to how that works, since there are sermons apparently.

Havism is probably the newest religion out of the three, so it isn't well known. I personally like its values, which is why I converted.
That's awesome your family is so religiously diverse :) What is asatru, if you don't mind me asking?
Old Posted 09-24-2015, 03:40 PM Reply With Quote