View Single Post
We're all mad here.
Default   #31  
23. Until Dawn (PS4)

A bunch of teenagers go spend a weekend in a cabin on the mountains, and you know where this is going. ;)

You know when you're watching a horror movie and you can't help roll your eyes or yell at the TV at the dumb choices the characters make that get themselves killed? This is that, but you get to make those choices!

The game is a horror story that takes place on Mount Washington, BC (I've totally been there!) and as it says in the title, you need to last until dawn. I played this game for the first time with my niece while on holiday here, and it was quite the entertaining game to watch.

The game's signature mechanic is "Butterfly Effect" where the choices you make along with some event results affect the narrative of the story, along with what ultimately happens. The game is a mixture of decisions and quick time events (moments where you need to hit the right button on the controller in the right time frame to do whatever if it you need to do) as you try to survive the 10 hours until dawn. It's roughly in real time, and you control all the characters at one time or another, depending on the situation. There is a significant amount of replay value as different choices lead to different options.

I'd like to play it some more, but we've been distracted by Fallout 4. ;)
Old Posted 01-02-2016, 04:12 AM Reply With Quote