View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
Ash had no problem whatsoever in choosing what she wanted. Her heart's desire lay with a stack of thick french toast, drenched in butter and syrup. When the coffee came, she poured some for the others then filled her own cup, already bringing the pot halfway down again. They were coffee drinkers, apparently, and they were coffee drinkers that had evidently stayed up through the night. Ash was suffering more than Audrey in that regard, but that could have been accounted for in their biology. Werewolves were nocturnal. It was more than likely her job that cut into her resting hours.

Audrey settled with a simple set of toast and eggs, eating hers as daintily as Nora. “Identity protection is probably the most important thing a wolf has,” she murmured, nodding in agreement with her employer. Her eyes scanned the piece of paper and she set down her fork and knife and her brow furrowed in a sort of confused, albeit relieved manner. “Well, it's unlike anything I've ever had with a pack before, but I have to say that I like it. I'm not used to being an equal or having any sense of consent, but I think it will suit me nicely. The ah...one qualm I may have is number three. Hal is our one alpha here, and he doesn't know enough to train others.”

“Valid point,” Ash said agreeing. “He can't handle himself, let alone the affairs of others. So, we'll have to figure out how we can get him to control his impulses or even remember what he's doing in his other form.” Ash realized that they were speaking fairly loudly when she got a raised eyebrow from the table across the aisle and she smirked nodding to them, “It's a furry fantasy roleplay. Highly sexual. Feel free to keep listening, but I can't promise you'll like what you hear.”

“Um, waiter? Mind if we move?” was the response and Ash had to keep herself from cackling. “That handles that I guess.”

Audrey facepalmed.
All that is empty in the drawing should be filled in, the teacher said to us kids. First you sharpen the pencil to fill in the thin whiskers, then you use the thick crayon to fill in the wings with brown, meticulously and without letting the crayon leave the page. Six feet can be traced below the soft belly. Now, breathing is hard to detect on paper, the teacher said to me when I asked, but it is easier to feel it in real life.

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Old Posted 05-20-2018, 03:08 AM Reply With Quote