View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
If Ash was offended by Hal's biology acting up, she made no sign of it. Where a scowl would have been for others, a self-satisfied smirk lay etched on her features and she raised her eyebrows and gave a terse upwards nod to the alpha. She was loving every minute of this and she was going to be as bratty as humanly possible, if she could help it.

Audrey blinked with the sudden attention on her and she squirmed in her seat, “I uhm...I need to be attentive when I'm with my employer, yes?” Audrey was on her A-game, but then, she felt she needed to be. She had finally assimilated into human culture away from her old pack. Or, at least, she felt she had. Humans had jobs, right? She couldn't have been the only shut in, right? “Safety agreement? For me? You'd really do that?” Her eyes were wide, not expecting this little bit of kindness, but a safety agreement? She'd never had to draft documents like that for Miss Nora before, and what would such an agreement consist of? An NDA of sorts, maybe? That would be the only effective way she could cause harm to either her or Hal, after all. “What...what kind of safety agreement? What are the stipulations? Do you need me to draft those documents?”

Ash walked over to Hal, resting both arms on his shoulders and looked up at him smugly, “And what exactly would she be paying you for? If anything, it should be you paying her for approving of you in the first place.” She straightened and stretched half-skipping to the door to get this herd of cats moving. “I'm fuckin' hungry. Let's just go.”
All that is empty in the drawing should be filled in, the teacher said to us kids. First you sharpen the pencil to fill in the thin whiskers, then you use the thick crayon to fill in the wings with brown, meticulously and without letting the crayon leave the page. Six feet can be traced below the soft belly. Now, breathing is hard to detect on paper, the teacher said to me when I asked, but it is easier to feel it in real life.

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Old Posted 04-24-2018, 08:17 PM Reply With Quote