View Single Post
Two Fish
Default   #117  
With the pillow shoved into his lap, Hal reddened. He gripped it close for a moment, taking a long breath through his nostrils, eyes closed so he could focus on other things. Like Ash's voice, her hair, her smell.... He shook his head, hoping to shake out all of the indecent thoughts.

Nora paid no attention to this exchange, giving Audrey the light of day now. When she mentioned the time, Nora was baffled. She craned her neck back to look at the digital clock on their wall. "Well... Aren't you punctual?" She smiled to her assistant. "Then, today we'll focus on making a safety agreement for Hal and - if you'd like - we can make one for you as well." Nora was not a secretive woman, but an organized one. She only told what information was necessary and at the appropriate times. It came in handy when working with her mysterious clients. Right now, she was happy to be self-employed with a dedicated employee such as Audrey.

"I'll discuss the details with you all over breakfast." She smirked. Hal finally got to his feet, tossing the pillow onto the couch where Nora just stood from.

"Does that mean I get paid too?" He joked, stretching his arms behind his head and yawning.

"Pai- NO!?" Nora screeched.

"Aww, but Audrey's getting paid to do this boring stuff... All I agreed to was breakfast." He sneered like an asshole.

"What, am I talking to a five year old?" She shot a glance back at Ash still unsure what she found in Hal.

"Do I have to fill out paperwork?" His face shifted between "let me poke Nora's buttons" to genuine curiosity.

"Well... That was what I had in mind." Nora fumed, glaring at Hal and projecting her self consciousness onto him.

"Just- Get moving. I'm driving." Nora sighed, snatching her car keys from the hook near their door before shoving Hal from behind. She forgot how big the man was, it felt like pushing against a door. After a moment of Nora struggling, he chuckled and began to move. How she got from one wild one to three, was a mystery.
Last edited by Worm; 04-21-2018 at 04:08 AM.
Old Posted 04-21-2018, 04:01 AM Reply With Quote