View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
Ash took Hal's silence as a yes, that smirk staying on her face as she picked up a pillow and pressed it to his chest, "You're being indecent, Hal. Thought you were more classy than that. This might help to ah, hide it." She winked and wet her lips, her eyes drifting down to his nether regions - if only for a moment.

Had Audrey heard Nora's inner musings, she would have answered that she had utterly no life. She was a shut in, aside from work. Nora was essentially the only person she saw willingly, save for when she needed to get essentials from the store. Even then, she'd found ways to buy in bulk so those trips were sparse. She looked at the watch on her wrist, "Uhm, well, technically, I'm supposed to be at work with you at 10 a.m., and it's currently 9:30, so if it is alright with you, my employer, I'd be alright with that."
All that is empty in the drawing should be filled in, the teacher said to us kids. First you sharpen the pencil to fill in the thin whiskers, then you use the thick crayon to fill in the wings with brown, meticulously and without letting the crayon leave the page. Six feet can be traced below the soft belly. Now, breathing is hard to detect on paper, the teacher said to me when I asked, but it is easier to feel it in real life.

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Old Posted 04-19-2018, 03:14 PM Reply With Quote