View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
Default   #35  
Heaven
Katarina's fingers clung to the handle of her mug and she took a large swig. She was excited to have people to hunt with, but these two were fresh off the proverbial boat. They'd have to train them from the ground up, and she didn't even know what abilities they had. Obviously, they both sacrificed parts of them that were precious to them – Luka's voice and Sage's sense of taste. “Avani's right,” she finally said to add to the conversation, “Us angels stick together. We'll train you, keep you alive, and make you the best damn demon hunters Heaven has ever seen. Now, do either of you know anything about your abilities?”

Sage tapped the counter, half wishing he had the money to buy another drink, and half-disgusted at the other half for wanting to drink demon's blood. “In theory, not in practice yet. Apparently my abilities are geared more towards fighting. Well, one of them is. They gave me two, apparently supposed to be complementary. Super speed and power absorption? That's just what it said, temporary power absorption after consumption.”

The blonde angel almost choked on her beer, “Power absorption? That ability is broken as Hell – erm, in a good way. But...you have to eat them to get it. I don't think you need to eat an entire demon, but I'm guessing the more you do, the stronger that power gets. What did you get as a weapon?”

“These?” Sage asked, holding up his pair of serrated daggers. They were brand new, never before used, just like his super speed. He had no idea how to activate his abilities, unless that part was consumption based as well?

“Well, they certainly have a sense of humor, don't they?” she spoke in reference to the Council. “Serrations used for the tearing of flesh. They insist on you getting out to the battlefield apparently. They always do with the ones that sacrifice the most. Well, what about you, Luka?”
Hell
Axle shook his head, sighing, “No, dear. You will not. I won't take it. Take it as a “Welcome to Hell” gift, aight? My shift ends in an hour. If you stick around until then, I'll take ya to get a new one. Also a ride. My board's good, but you'll have to learn how to use one if we're gonna hunt. They don't have those on Earth yet, right? Hoverboards? Eh, whatever, if you don't know how to use one, that'll be our first lesson. Nothing is more important than mobility on the battlefield, because sometimes it's best just to run. Pride will get you killed.” The black-eyed demon spoke with a self-assurance that seemed only to tell of his experience. In relativity to the redhead, he was still just a baby demon – albeit one that gained powers quickly if only because of his regular appearances at the Border.

Olivia was careful of her facial expressions, knowing that that was half of communicating in sign – her eyes showing nothing but warmth, I didn't see it as creepy, just fast. I like you and I think you're cute, and who am I to deny hospitality when it's there? The smile she now gave was genuine and she stopped to grab Xander's hands, giving them a gentle squeeze. She was serious about what she'd said.

Axle cocked an eyebrow turning to the two that'd been in their own world since coming in and looked at Nancy (still not knowing her name), then back. He'd only been planning on taking one under his wing, generally hunting by himself, but perhaps a group would be good for him. “I'm game if this lady here is,” he said, motioning for the other two to join their conversation, “So, Red, yeah. We'll take ya up on that offer. Is Whitey over here cool with it?”
All that is empty in the drawing should be filled in, the teacher said to us kids. First you sharpen the pencil to fill in the thin whiskers, then you use the thick crayon to fill in the wings with brown, meticulously and without letting the crayon leave the page. Six feet can be traced below the soft belly. Now, breathing is hard to detect on paper, the teacher said to me when I asked, but it is easier to feel it in real life.

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Old Posted 06-19-2018, 03:29 PM Reply With Quote