View Single Post
isn't that funny
no, the rules say if you credit you may use, proper attribution by itself means nothing unless you state what /is/ the proper why to give it. nowhere is it stated what you must to to give attribute only that you must credit or own the work, the way it is written i can steal an anime screencap and as long as i say where i got it and who created it i am fine, this is not the case since virtually all animes have a non-derivative clause and needs clarification

it needs to be clearly stated that that is what is needed to give proper attribution. to be quite frank the rules as they are posted are very generic and vague, if you will not tighten the rules up in a clear and concise way the least you can do is make a translation of the rules in 'lay-man' terms so that there is no confusion and no way to purposely misinterpret the rules, it would be nice as well if that could be linked so people can find it

remember, many of the users don't actually understand what any of that means, i talk to people every day who get lost and freely admit they don't have any clue what these things say in fact i am arguing with a girl right now on another site who says because she isn't selling it she can take screencaps of the items and give them away as adoptable pets and her reasoning is that she does not understand the rule that says the content of the site is not freeshare and because when a staff member sent a cease and desist letter over adoptables to another member they did not mention anything about giving them away for free(it was a letter to someone selling adoptables for money on deviantart)
Old Posted 09-06-2012, 04:47 AM Reply With Quote