View Single Post
Developer
Default   #9  
I acknowledge that GameStop has some questionable business practices, but this isn't GameStop's fault at all. This is entirely on Square-Enix's shoulders. This sales scheme is completely different than anything else GameStop has ever done to my knowledge. GS knows how to do business and how to make money, and this isn't it. GS got as screwed by this as fans did. I wouldn't be surprised if GS didn't even get much in the way of margins on it, and this burns even more goodwill in the face of the market-wide disdain for preorders.

It was also SQEX's fault that the release was a GameStop exclusive in the US. They could have sold on Amazon. They could have sold at Best Buy. Nope. GameStop only, and I assume that was because they knew they weren't going to produce enough stock to actually have enough to sell at the bigger retailers.

The "Pre-order now" date was NOT announced when the 1/25 release date was, because the release date isn't January 25th. It's January 29th. The 1/25 release date is the date in Japan, and the PS4 Pro bundle in Japan had already come and gone months ago. The US sales announcement was made on Twitter on the morning that sales were made available. Unless you were watching the Playstation Twitter account that morning, you were screwed.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-20-2019, 01:01 PM Reply With Quote