View Single Post
Developer
Default   #7  
I am pissed off at Square-Enix.

I'd been asking my local GameStop for MONTHS to let me know when the KH3 PS4 Pro bundle was available to order.

It turns out that SQEX didn't make enough of them.

They never took preorders. They gave our local store TWO of them. They did not allow them to be reserved. They did not allow them to be preordered. They had to be paid for up-front, in full, first-come-first-serve.

They did not announce the date of availability in advance.

So two lucky people walked into the store, found out they were available, bought them, and that was it. The store manager showed up two hours after opening and discovered they were gone and there would never be any more coming in, despite the people who had expressed prior interest (not just me, there was one other regular that had been asking about it) not even having a CHANCE at them.

I am not happy about this at all, and SQEX is completely going to get away with it, because nobody's going to just not buy the game just because they didn't get the PS4 Pro, and even if they did, that's just a drop in the bucket. The game is still going to sell a zillion copies. They made money on every single PS4 Pro sold. And that's all there is to it. The fans get screwed, the company gets rich, and everything just moves along.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-19-2019, 11:13 PM Reply With Quote