Thread: the hols
View Single Post
Truthwatcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitalpha Hart View Post
You can always call the police for that. Just because they're related doesn't make it okay
Fair point, but I feel like the police would be all "if you didn't want to go, why'd you get in the car. You're an adult." Plus they have better things to worry about than me not wanting to be around my family 1 day out of the year.

Quote:
Sleep>anything I have to wake up early for>religion, right?
Sleep is the greatest thing in the world. I miss it so much.

Quote:
HAIL FELLOW ACE OF SPADES
"If you're so interested in a boyfriend, why don't you get yourself one?" Throw it back at them and make them flounder
Or tell them that every time they ask any sort of question about a boyfriend or anything of that line of you, they add a week until you go looking. They are currently at 793 years, 7 months, and three weeks
Thing is, the people asking that are my widowed grandmother and my married aunts usually, so the throwing it back at them? Not a super effective argument. I thought I had them convinced that I just wasn't interested last year until as we were leaving, my grandma asked about my one friend and when I said we were just good friends she was all "your parents started as good friends too...."
Sometimes they don't ask, so fingers crossed this will be one of those years.
Old Posted 12-04-2019, 11:04 AM Reply With Quote