Thread: the hols
View Single Post
Truthwatcher
If it wasn't for my family (and kind of Derpy because it's fun to do a little bit if decorating and small gifts for him even if he is realistically just a plushie... >.>), I wouldn't celebrate holidays at all. And as it is, I really only do the commercialized side of Christmas and Easter. For Derpy.

Every Thanksgiving, I lie to my dad and say I'm working and every Christmas Eve, he and/or my brother will harass me until I grudgingly tell them what time I get off work and then will legitimately kidnap me (take me against my will) to go spend the night in a cold bedroom followed by my dad attempting to wake me up early to go to church with him even though I'm an atheist (though admittedly, I'm sort if "in the closet" to my family about that) and I'll pretend to be asleep. Then we'll go to my grandma's house where the only thing I can actually eat is baked sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, rolls, and pie (because I'm the only vegetarian in the family) and I'll get needled with the usual "any boyfriend?" "why no boyfriend?" "why aren't you dating [insert name of friend casually mentioned once]? Good friends? Your parents started as just good friends too...." line of questioning and innuendos (ace/aro, but it's easier to remain in the closet to my family than to try to explain that to them). And if I'm lucky, I won't get forced to play card or board games and will, instead, be left alone to work on whatever craft project I bring with me. And then I'll be taken home late and have to get up early for work the next day.

But when I finally get home, Derpy gets to unwrap his presents and that's always fun. Lol
Old Posted 12-04-2019, 03:51 AM Reply With Quote