View Single Post
Truthwatcher
Default   #5577  
I suspect that at least part of it was just being overwhelmed by everything going on tbh. What with training at the library this week plus work plus the holiday weekend. I actually had 2 days off in a row for the first time in a while and my friend took me over to a laundromat so I could do laundry since I don't trust the app-operated ones the previous landlords had put in (because the app only has like a 1.3 star rating on the app store and nothing but negative comments from landlords and tenants alike) so I did get something done at least.
And I'm gonna try to be productive again tomorrow and get some more housework done because I need to change the sheets on my bed pretty badly and also have some sorting to do for the eventual next batch of laundry. And also projects to work on.
XP

Should have brought a notebook to work today so I could sort out a list and prioritize things. But didn't want to bring too much to work today as it's my last day at the museum and I figured that way I can't be potentially accused of stealing anything (not that I think anyone would do that, but just to be safe...)

Haha, yeah. The alphabetizing thing was pretty funny tbh. The gentleman training me yesterday kept emphasizing that it wasn't that they didn't trust me, they have to test everyone on shelving books before they let them do it on their own. So it was really just, I had to put the books on the shelves with the spines facing up so he could see them and then after a bit, he would go through what I had done to make sure that I had them in the right spots. Basically just testing me to make sure I knew the way to shelve books (alphabetically first by author, then by title). There was only really 1 book that I wasn't too sure on, but I passed the test with flying colors so am (as far as I know) able to shelve books, on the main floor, on my own. If I get to shelve books on the second floor they may have to test me again as that's where the non-fiction section is so the dewey decimal system is in play to complicate things.
Also, I am pretty pro at checking books in by now, though I need to pay a little closer attention to checking for damages before checking them in and am getting more comfortable with checking books out. But am gonna be struggling with answering the phone for a while probably as I still don't know a lot of answers to the questions being asked. But did decently at that on Friday. Though it was a slow day and I only had to get it a few times.
Old Posted 09-11-2021, 12:37 PM Reply With Quote