View Single Post
We're all mad here.
How have you not finished Frankenstein? I LOVE that book!

Lovecraft is pretty awesome too. I'm annoyed that, as he's dead, he wont' be writing anything else. I have a print compendium and one on my ereader. My favourite story is The Shadow out of Time, but the most popular seem to be The Dunwich Horror, At the Mountains of Madness (novella), The Whisperer in the Darkness, and The Rats in the Walls. Surprised me that Cthullu himself is really a small portion of his literature. There's a pile of other stuff.

My original plan for my reading challenge this year may be interrupted somewhat, as my leisure reading now relates to a lot of kids material. I have to compile and annotate a resource list of kids' books, age 2-12, with at least 30 books. So far, I've been through Mabel Murple, Let's Paint!, Alligator Pie, Isle of You, and I'm reading into one of the "Dear Canada" series with letters from immigrants, Hoping for Home. I need to have a certain amount of Canadian content on this list. I've added a few that I read from last year.

I've waiting for library holds to show up for James and the Giant Peach, Something from Nothing, A Child's Garden of Verses, and Sweetest Lulu.

I'm open to suggestions, especially as I have no kids and I'm pretty terrible with guessing what age a book might be for. I also need more kiddy novels and fewer picture books. Anyone have thoughts?

PS And I am not properly formatting my story names. Gasp!
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 01-18-2019 at 09:09 PM.
Old Posted 01-18-2019, 09:06 PM Reply With Quote