View Single Post
Writer
Default   #13  
We can keep character sheets on a thread in Trisphee. Or you print one, whatever you prefer. Don't know how easy or tedious it is to switch back and forth between tabs on your phone, so I'll leave it up to you what you want to use during the game. Have you already decided what you would enjoy to play?

Ah, for anyone curious, here's the basic rules as a free download. You do not need them to dive right in (we'll keep it rather simple at first), but just in case you want to know more about races, classes or other stuff.

Races: Human would be the most common choice, but you can also be a dwarf, elf, halfling, gnome, tiefling, half-elf or half-orc. Actually, convince me with a good story and I'll let you be a race not covered in the player's handbook. Your race has an impact on your ability score (those six numbers you roll for) and might also give you additional perks like darkvision.

Classes: Alright, here you decide whether you prefer melee, magic, or a mixture of both whenever you get in trouble. You can be a barbarian, a fearless and savage enemy. Or a fighter, well trained and in heavy armor. Or a monk who relies on their supreme martial arts. A cleric, using strength and magic in honor of their god. A paladin, defender of the good in this world. A druid who channels the spirit of nature. A ranger, skilled to survive in the wilderness. A rogue, who knows their way on the grimy streets. A bard, charming entertainer with a touch of magic. A warlock, making bargains with higher entities in exchange for magic power. A wizard, student of the arcane who learns from books. Or a sorcerer, for whom magic is a trait that somehow just manifests.

I have not personally played all these classes, though once you decide what looks interesting to you I can certainly give you some hints what might be a good choice. Again, there's no wrong way of play - it always boils down to how you envision your character.

And now I have a first quest for you:

It could as well have been another boring afternoon. You stare out of the window. Still the weather doesn't tell anything about the nearing holidays. Sigh. But then you see a reflection in the glass. Some strange creature looms behind you! Turning around, you grab the nearest object for your defense.
"Oh, thank you. Just what I needed", the creature says and picks the thing out of your hand. "Here, take these in return."
You are given a bag of dice.
The creature stands there and waits for a while as you stare at the bag. Then says, "So... aren't you going to try them?"

Roll four six sided dice. In rolz this is done by typing #4d6 into the chat bar. You can change your name from the random number Alric with /nick mdom or /nick Kaderin. And since you're at it, repeat the same roll command five more times. Yep, we're already venturing into character creation territory now.

(side note: I realize the holidays will be busy, especially with our winter event coming up. So I'm going to split character creation into some smaller bits that can be done in five minutes while you're checking Trisphee anyway)
Old Posted 12-20-2018, 06:59 AM Reply With Quote