Thread: The Daily Awful
View Single Post
Developer
Voidbarker, the next Ludum Dare is the weekend of October 4th. If you want to get involved, let me know.

I finally fixed the issue I was dealing with. This, in and of itself, would normally be awesome, but taking a retrospective of the whole thing... very much not awesome. There were five distinct bugs working together to stymie me, and one of those bugs had already been fixed and it was the aftereffects lingering in the data that gave me grief, so I wasn't able to reproduce the problem in a test environment.

Beyond that... there were two separate places where the algorithm's data collection was missing information, and two separate calculations that were producing the wrong results. None of them would cause the problem on their own, and any one of them being fixed wouldn't be enough to solve the problem completely, so that meant that my tests were still failing after making changes so it looked like I was looking in the wrong place... but I WASN'T. >_<

I'm glad it's all taken care of, but I didn't get it all shipped out and verified until like 9:30 last night and I still have to deal with auditing everything today to make sure we didn't miss any hotel rooms this weekend.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 08-30-2019, 10:50 AM Reply With Quote