View Single Post
Confused

Heaven
Luka scratched the back of his head. He was still embarrassed about having to explain why he didn't know the extent of his abilities. One would think that one would take all the time they needed to explore their abilities in a world where that was what would keep them alive. But alas, Luka had not done any of that. I actually wasn't really listening when they explained what my powers would be. I have yet to read the Guide as well. So far, all I know is that I have telepathy. Luka averted his eyes sheepishly and turned a deep shade of pink.

Luka felt like he was already falling behind. His nerves were holding him back from the rest of the group. He knew the least about anything in this new world and he was terrified. Luka wasn't even sure if he was scared of hunting anymore. Perhaps, he was just overwhelmed.

The alcohol taste hadn't left his lips yet, but he felt its sickening flames churn in his stomach. I-I'm sorry.

"There is no need to apologize." Avani smiled reassuringly at the anxious boy standing in front of her. "I was in the same place as you when I first arrived. And, I'm sure there are plenty of other angels who've experienced this too. You'll be good."

Luka looked up at the woman. He finally had time to fully absorb her appearance and her voice. She was very beautiful. Freckles littered her cheeks and her eyes were a multicolored masterpiece in comparison to her dark brown hair. Her voice was like caramel in his ears and he felt his shoulders fall and relax. He showed his gratitude in a slowly widening smile. "Katarina, shall I take Luka back to his place so he can read his Guide and then we will meet you at the training arena?"

Hell
"I never knew much of what was going on outside of the prison. But I doubt it was anything as extravagant as hoverboards. Nancy chuckled. "I really appreciate you doing this for me. I'm sure the least I could wait for your shift to be over. Then we can get started! She smiled and rested her head on her hand before taking a sip of her drink using the straw.

Xander searched the girls' face for any sign of exaggeration. Typically, no one was ever this nice to him unless they wanted something. He had been used countless times since his time in Hell. His money was always something people tried to get their hands on. But this time, Xander didn't think Olivia had bad intentions. For fuck's sake, she just called him cute. Cute? The Grimm fucking Reaper was just called cute by an adorable, platinum-haired girl. No one ever liked him, but somehow Olivia did.

Xander smiled warmly at the girl before signing again. You wouldn't mind joining the two behind us in hunting, would you? It's better, in my opinion, if we have a larger group.
imanASSet
Old Posted 06-19-2018, 09:01 PM Reply With Quote