View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
Default   #11  
The second they were in the ship, Fikri was in his room. The others, following him, would have been able to see the tip of his tail disappearing through the crack before the door clicked shut. Mendez looked around the ship and gave a low whistle. “Oh Rosie, you really got yourself a good catch,” he muttered under his breath, not really to the pyra who was already entering her own room with Riola. He sighed, the poor pilot was probably exhausted, it was no wonder she disappeared right away, but Fikri too? The lad really wasn't acting like himself at all since Vail died. He was more himself around others, it wasn't normal for him to be secluding himself.

He turned to Nokra and grinned, “Just pick one. Atrix and I will be sharing, most likely, so there's plenty of space. You two don't have to share either. This place is a lot more spacious than the last one.” Magali beamed. She'd never had a room before. There was never a space that Magali could call her own, and now one was just handed to her without her having so much as to say 'please.'

“Thank you! You're uh... Mendez, right? I'm sorry...I'm starting to come down and uh, a lot of my memories are hazy,” Magali said, voice soft and timid.

Mendez gave her a smile, his own small attempt to let her know that it was okay, that she could speak freely here, “Yeah. Jorge Mendez, but everyone calls me Mendez. Anyway, you two can share a room if you want, but if you don't have that kind of relationship, you can always have separate too.” He sighed, turning to Nokra, “Hey amigo, I'm sorry if Fikri has been on your ass. He's...he's been having a shitty time recently. He's not himself. Just...just give him time, si? He's really likeable when he's not...this...” He shook his head. “Listen, I'm gonna make food, so why don't you two pick out rooms and come to the kitchen when you're done? I'm gonna make some traditional Edensian. Pretty good shit, but I get it if you need to rest.”

Magali looked to Nokra after Mendez departed and bit her lip as if to stave off some of her excitement, “So do you want to share a room or be neighbors?!”

Rosalind plopped down on her bed, looking up at Riola just grateful for his presence. “Ah'd say it's defint'ly a step up,” her green eyes looked at the master bedroom that she and Riola would be sharing next to the cockpit. “Ah've...ah've felt it,” she murmured, but, the gnawing in her gut came second to the clouded haziness that accompanied her exhaustion. She was simply too tired to worry, regardless of whether she thought it was a good idea or not. “Ah 'ope we're wrong. Ah can't do shit when ah'm like this. Ah jes' need...sleep. If only for a little while.”

The crowd's reaction was tantalizing, even if they were cheering for her blood. The corners of her lips upturned slightly, but she kept her eyes on Shaldag. She straightened herself, arms lifted only slightly as if to determine where his fist was going to land first. She moved her arms in front of herself just in time to hear the sickening crack of one of the bones in her forearm cracking or breaking. She didn't care, she didn't look. She cried out for a moment, stumbling back.

Others in the crowd could see that her arm was now completely broken, it bending it ways that it should not have been. Ashi didn't look. She couldn't, lest she passed out. She sucked in through her teeth, making sure to keep her eyes on Shaldag as he moved. His fists kept coming, and each time he made a connection. Until finally, she was on the ground, red leaking from various parts of her body. Her body flashed in and out of visibility as new waves of pain crashed over it. Despite this, she grinned. The worst was almost over and she was still alive. “Y-you...you p-punch like a...like a..b-bitch.”
Old Posted 09-13-2017, 05:33 PM Reply With Quote