View Single Post
Barrel of Monkeys
Couldn't feel the girl latching onto his mechanical limb. Whether it was the limb itself simply deactivated, or something was seriously wrong with the connection between nerve and neural interface? No one could have been sure but the doctor, and looking towards the explanation of events, Shaldag scowled and narrowed his eyes. "Lost them. That means we didn't retaliate. They won." The Ogrunu grumbled to himself; the massive mean attempting to shift his weight to a cooler section of his mattress - Pain locking him in his immobile position. "...I'll have to give the pilot our thanks for letting us bleed and die on her ship, then."

Maybe Toka's death was the inevitable shift in karmic justice that Shaldag had foresaw, but never expected in his life. He knew the vile acts and wanton disregard towards other sentient beings was going to take its toll. But why had it chose his little one to balance the scales? It should have been himself. He should have been cut down. Vaporized. Whatever they had done to his poor little flame, that rendered her nothing more than the remnants of clothing she had wore before...It had all happened. He wasn't alone in the endeavor. Fikri's girlfriend had been the first to feel the sting of being resistant to the orders that were, and she didn't even willingly plan to rebel against the Edensians. Or Daowei.

Just like Toka.

Everything seemed to stem from the chance meeting of Riola and Ashi. The two were the ones putting everyone else in peril. The Half-breed and the Terskixian. The two freed Felis. Ashi and Riola were cancerous. Toxic. Who would have been the next one to fall when it came time for the two's pursuers to rear their ugly heads once more.

Ashi's words struck rather hard on the Ogrunu, and his baneful glare locked onto the blue-haired girl; his cybernetic arm raised and poised to wrap around her throat to squeeze, though the fingers whirred and clicked - malfunctioning as small twitches that refused to close his massive hand around her throat. The meters functioning and monitoring Shaldag began to beep in alarm: Blood pressure spiking off the charts, and 02 levels peaking and diminishing; An ear-shattering roar-turned fit of coughing buckled the massive man and caused him to curl up - the few freshly administered sutures ripping open along his body.. "Don't call me by my name! Ranoru'ah died the same day his little flame died!" Shaldag croaked, before being pushed down by the Analoka, who was quick to begin administering a series of inoculations to try and both ease pain, staunch bleeding, and stop the Ogrunu from lashing out and harming everyone around him - the medications seeming to work near instantaneously.

While he was subdued, the doctor looked to Ashi, and shook her head. "I suppose nothing left to do but begin the procedures of putting him back together. He got what he needed. A moment to grieve. A moment to lash out in anger."

"I don't suppose you wish to watch the operation? It will be a dreary event. And you will see just how much of him there is left, before we...Do what he wished. Near-whole conversion." Analoka said with a shred of sorrow in her voice. "...I wish someone would have been able to talk him out of it."

<><><><><><><><>

Atrix looked at the mended chitin and for a split-second, seemed content and impressed with the work of the doctor; a soft jittering of her mandibles clicking softly together the giveaway to her pleased mood, before it soured and the Terskix peaked her eyes on the doctor, Atrix standing up to her full height and nodding slowly. "Ignore it for seven hours. As for making my mate do things?" Atrix shot a deadly glare in Mendez's direction. "He'll obey."

Atrix yanked her hand away from the Half-Breed's grip, content on not showing the caring nature she had herself, instead on making a show for the doctor. All in the name of saving face. She could make it up to Mendez later. "Tender and...Loving. It's because you're trying to make me look weak in front of everyone." She did let the facade die a little when Mendez snickered - laughter being more contagious than she wished, but was quick to use her other limbs to grab ahold of Mendez and stand him up for the doctor - Atrix using her mended limb to rake a series of pointed nails across his scalp to keep him preoccupied.

"It's because I care about you. And I'm nothing but tender and loving." Atrix mimicked back to Mendez.
"I just want to come home," said the Astronaut.
"So come home," said Ground Control.
"So come home," said the Voice from the Stars.

“And he goes around killing people?” said Mort.
He shook his head. “There’s no justice.”
Death sighed. NO, he said,... THERE'S JUST ME.
Old Posted 01-03-2019, 08:22 PM Reply With Quote