View Single Post
Barrel of Monkeys
Analoka chimed and a small plume of flame licked the air as she shot her head towards Ashi. "Well, I would have never guessed you would see more than one of my kind. We are a rarity that seems to be growing smaller each passing day. I'm waiting to hear the news from the home-sun that we're all going to be no more." There was a forlorn sense of acceptance in Analoka's voice when she said that and the woman paused in her medical motions; Dwelling on internal thoughts for far too long, the doctor took the reins on the more light-hearted conversation at hand, and snickered right back towards the Daoweian. "Don't give me too much credit. If I wasn't going to pass with the official medical exams, or if I lose my status as a doctor, I do not have any regrets going into far less....Legal....Means of working and peering into your bodies for inspection." A small pause. "Be prepared for whatever may come then. I don't know him, but if he's like other Ogrunu, he'll best testy considering he is so vulnerable now."

"I wouldn't be surprised that you have a fan club. I'm sure a good portion of them are probably suitors and men who have yet to leave the basements of their collective parents' homes, while they fantasize about you incessantly." Analoka replied dryly, letting out an indignant sigh and rolling her shoulders before she snapped her finger and crossed her legs n her chair. "If you're looking to make an impact, you should consider those secrets being exposed. If you can handle the consequences, and know they won't damage your people too harshly."

With the woman's wounds mended; Analoka pushed herself from her seat and offered a hand out for the blue-haired girl to take if she needed any sort of help acclimating to being back on two limbs once more. There were scrubs in the drawers that the Daoweian could take, and Analoka made sure to at least nod in the direction of the clothing while she used her free hand to cover and censor Ashi's more intimate bits. "Once you're clothed and such, knock on the door to your right. I'll be in there attending to your friend. I'll let him know you're on the way as well. Or the door will remained locked in which case, you'll know he's not receiving visitors."

><><><><><

There was look of offense on Atrix's face when Mendez made the mockery of her mandibles with his hand, and she moved her back back slightly; the mocked pincers clicking several times before she shook her head and rolled each eye consecutively. "I'll have to fight you myself for fun at some point. See if you can hold your own for making fun of my face." She said, petulance flowing out of her mouth as easily as the words she was spewing. "My other mates cooked for me. Mostly because they were afraid of being on the menu. I guess food is the way to my heart, and not to end up in my stomach I would suppose." Her voice grew more calmed as she continued to listen and let Mendez's words flatter her into an ounce of calmness.
'I love you.' The words sunk into Atrix's mind and time seemed to stop as she looked at Mendez and began the effort of trying to really process those words. It was something she wasn't used to hearing in the slightest, nor had she had ever been graced with before. True to her kind the Terskix had simply had the mates and romances of her kind: Utilitarian and intending to just serve the Empire in attempting to produce more Terskix to feed into the Empire's War and Economic cogs, and keep those gears turning in blood. Atrix had opened her mouth to respond before it slammed shut when the sound of an intruder entered the room.

The human was large. Bigger than Mendez and Atrix sat up straight; mandibles preening and digging into her skin - each movement leaving a little trail of lightly scratched skin as the Terskix locked her eyes on the man. Muscles tensed and her lower limbs collected into matching sets of fists that slowly released. Flaring her nose the Spidery woman let the man dwell in an uncomfortable silence; choosing to speak when she realized the faster she talked, the faster the doctor would talk and be out of her way. "Atrix, yes. And cracked chitin. It hasn't mended in several days. It normally does. It doesn't hurt, and it's not oozing." She half-growled, nodding her head towards Mendez and flashing her teeth. "Mate. Not a 'lay' or a snack. Look at him too. I want to make sure he didn't accumulate too much wear and tear between jumps to other worlds."
"I just want to come home," said the Astronaut.
"So come home," said Ground Control.
"So come home," said the Voice from the Stars.

“And he goes around killing people?” said Mort.
He shook his head. “There’s no justice.”
Death sighed. NO, he said,... THERE'S JUST ME.
Old Posted 11-14-2018, 09:46 PM Reply With Quote