View Single Post
We're all mad here.
Default   #27  
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRum View Post
Once again illustrating my above point that they don't really use the source material.
I wasn't arguing against it. Just saying that it's one thing to take fictional material, and another to use history and religion.

The issue with Hercules was that they pretty much re-wrote a pile of Greek legends and myths without thought to how relevant that all is to Greek culture.

Same thing with Pocahontas from one side, though some people disagree. Apparently the man who voiced her father in the movie thought it was ultimately beneficial because they flat out admitted that Europeans came to North America with the intention of exploiting resources and such, and it shows the culture clash.

But this is not stuff about Princesses.

I've been waiting to hear how the new TV Princess Elena was received. That's my niece's name so we've been half expecting her to want to be called "Princess" now. But then, she's a pick about anyone else using the same name as her.

I kinda like the sneaky trick they pulled in The Fog Princess with Tiana though. Princess by marriage. ;)
Old Posted 04-17-2018, 12:06 AM Reply With Quote