Thread: The Daily Awful
View Single Post
Double Rainbow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
I always bristle when people say being on jobseekers, etc is embarrassing. Don’t internalize that shit.
I don't know what jobseekers is :(
I googled, but really didn't get many results that made sense.

But I do understand how it can be embarrassing to need help.
I was one of those that believed that people would think I was "lazy" or "not contributing to society" if I were to go on disability. I fought tooth and nail to not need it...
Unfortunately, after like 7-8 hospitalizations and after spending hundreds of dollars on medication, it got to the point where I couldn't afford treatment anymore. I got a "normal" job at a daycare center and the stress was so terrible.
I had two therapists at the time and thy both strongly urged me to apply for disability. It became more apparent that I did need help because I owed the hospitals thousands of dollars from ER stays and inpatient treatment and the stress of owing all that money made my symptoms much much worse...
At the time I put in the application, I was actually still in inpatient treatment and by the time my papers were sent, I had just been discharged.

It was becoming obvious that I really couldn't work enough to sustain myself. When I was approved, it literally felt like an elephant took one of it's feet off my chest.
I don't want to be on disability my whole life, but for right now, while my mental health still kinda f***s me over, I can now pay for my basic needs... Food, medication, bills, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien View Post
Occasional depressive thought invading my brain suddenly today: :[ You're just not good enough are you?...Also, did you forget you only had one meal today?

Me: ;-; Well f*ck..thanks for bringing that up brain...
Brain is confused D:
I think brain means to say, "You're super good enough! Also, did you know you might need to eat a little later?"

Brains! They can mess up their messages sometimes too
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 11-12-2019, 03:41 PM Reply With Quote