View Single Post
Confused

Heaven
Luka sighed heavily and looked at the floor where the sun had come in and stained it with gold. Yeah, I saw it. I'm still a bit shaken. I still feel like this is a dream and when I open my eyes again...but if I read the book it just confirms the sickening reality that I'm stuck in. He took the book from Sage and held it in his hands. It was thick with information that he didn't want to know. Pages upon pages riddled with words that would force him to accept something he didn't want to. His fingers traced the lettering on the cover lightly before he set it on the cushion. However, if I am going to be stuck here, I might as well enjoy my time. Yeah, let's go get a drink.

Luka guided them out of the apartment building and out onto the golden streets of Heaven. The surrounding buildings towered over them, each busy and worn from the newly dead. This was obviously the place where each person started. What or who you were on Earth meant little to nothing now. Everyone was fair game. People here, however, were at the bottom. No one was scared of anybody.

Many people crowded the streets and the two boys maneuvered between the bodies. Different smells came from everywhere and overwhelmed him. Men had makeshift tents where they sold old trinkets and useless clutter. Some women could be seen making greasy food and selling it in exchange for a coin or two. Disheveled angels offered old roses and begged for money. Luka ignored their attempts and pressed on through the endless bustling of the streets.

About three blocks down sat an old and overcrowded bar on the corner. Drunk men and women hung in groups outside smoking cigarettes. Sunlight beat down through the light clouds and made everything sticky with sweat. The air felt like dirty honey dripping in his lungs; thick and hot.

When they entered the joint, music immediately absorbed the atmosphere and loud voices filled the small space with chaos. Boisterous laughter poured out of drunken mouths as the two of them made their way to the bar. Two other girls leaned up against the counter next to them. It was almost odd to see them here. At least, the smaller girl didn't look like she belonged here. What do you want to drink?

==

People danced to a small band situated in the corner of the bar. ((a/n listening to Blood On My Name and tbh that's what I imagine they are playing)). Avani tapped her foot lightly to the beat before telling the bartender what she wanted to drink. "Can I get a peach schnapps."

Avani stood close to Kat so she could hear her better, but she wasn't quite aware of how close she actually was. "I've never been one for hard alcohol. I like sweets." Avani smiled delightfully before she noticed the two boys standing just behind Kat. One with platinum hair had been staring at her before turning his attention back to his friend.

"You said you wanted to find a group for hunting, right? Why don't we look here?" Avani suggested. There were plenty of people, most probably new to Heaven that would still be eager to get out and hunt. She figured it would be the best place to do it.

Hell
Xander smiled fondly at the girl. Someone wanted to be his friend? But he was actually a huge piece of shit. It shocked him, to say the least, but he wasn't about to decline. Of course, we can be friends. I can show you the ropes. What do you say?

Nancy did quite enjoy the concoction that Axle had created. She sipped on it while she listened to Axle. She appreciated his explanation. It was nice to actually talk to someone who knew what they were doing. She had flipped through the book briefly when she arrived at her apartment which was arguably shittier than the worst ones in Heaven. She would have loved to read what the book had said, but she supposed that the book was handed down, the last few pages replaced with her own information held in by a few pieces of tape. The rest of the tattered book had been defaced and faded through the many years of its existence. "Wait, wait, you killed the leader? Why? If you knew you would get in trouble, why would you do that?" Nancy asked, completely confused. What went through this guys' head?
imanASSet
Old Posted 06-09-2018, 09:50 PM Reply With Quote