View Single Post
It Won't Stop
Default   #137  
yeah, idk duder. i got the feeling that by that point, they were already a couple? and if they're already a couple, the flirting has much less impact. like, they had the time together and the means for their relationship to happen, but we didn't see any of it. not really. we saw the results of their shifted relationship with no chance to fall in love alongside them. and yes, it's a show focused on the sport, but their romance and their relationship is clearly the secondary plot here. it's clearly an important statement the show is trying to make. but opportunities to show them even developing as friends are practically non-existent.

sorry if i sound like a hater right now, lmao. i'm not really, i swear. i'm just trying to understand where the emotional connection is that i missed but just about everyone else clung to. because from where i sit, it feels like if you're someone like me that has no use for eye-candy, this show loses a lot of its point. because it's a couple of dudes that are suddenly into each other and they're both attractive so i'm supposed to be automatically invested? yeah, that isn't how it works for me.

yuki's character evolution, on its own without the rest of this nonsense, makes for a great story. but you could replace victor with anyone else and it would be just the same. and that to me shows that their relationship, this entire subplot of the show, is extremely flawed.

Old Posted 06-24-2017, 09:18 PM Reply With Quote