View Single Post
Two Fish
Default   #5  
The night blessed them all with a cool sigh of relief. When the sun was finally down, it was easy to see where to go. The plume of light in the distance didn't seem too far away. "He doesn't necessarily need to pay us in cash, if the shit's gone useless here." Rin spit on the ground, looking back at a disconcerted djinni.

"But he does owe us something. And if that means adequate housing, status, weapons, food, whatever - I'll take it. I mean to survive in this hellhole, as I'm sure you all do. And I just know it... I can't explain it... But I know he's alive here somewhere." Rin walked while talking, no patience anymore it seemed.

"And what if we don't find him? Besides how do you expect to measure those sorts of things fairly? We easily made 500k each with this bounty." Drishe held her hands on her hips, not giving in so easily.

"We will find him." Was all Rin said, still walking towards the bit of light in the distance. It formed a silhouette around his bulky frame.

"Hah. Well if we don't find him in the next day or so, I am going to go back to the market. It is in the best interest of my master, and I don't see the point in scavenging this god forsaken place any longer." Drishe growled.

"Fine then. I'm not looking after anybody anymore. You can come and get what's yours, or not." As he continued further, the light hum of civilization grew warmer.

"Do you hear that?" Rin turned, a hopeful smile on his scarred face. "There's people there." Drishe shrugged, rolling her eyes.

Little did they know how much had actually changed. Not far from where they were standing was a checkpoint. The guards would sift through any incomers and check them for radiation sickness and any genetic mutations. Vampires and djinnis surely wouldn't pass this test.
Old Posted 09-13-2017, 11:12 PM Reply With Quote