Thread: older cartoons
View Single Post
The Tragic Jester
Quote:
Originally Posted by nipple ring View Post
tara:
i really enjoyed flapjack. ; n ;
why did they even end it? i don't even know why it started
I actually don't know why the show was cancelled, but I have noticed Thurop Van Orman (who created the show) has mentioned a few times that he has a hard time being settle, so it may have been that he ended the show to work on a new project. He seems to be working on something called Black Forest, but I have no idea if it's to be a show or what. (He has a dA account, by the way.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyoki View Post
There was a lot more you could get away with as far as violence and dark/crude humor went on TV in the early-mid 90s than there is now. Plus, there's a lot of parents that don't want their offspring cartoons because "it doesn't accurately portray reality" and whatnot.
CHILDREN do not accurately portray reality. You could give them nothing but an empty room and a stick, and it won't be an hour before that stick is a sword, a person, a wand, a tree, a building, a bridge, broken in two to become nun chucks and later, a set of antlers, and at some point, drum sticks. If childhood resembled the reality of adulthood, they would be carried off to mental hospitals for believing in monsters in the closet and the explanation for having presents under the tree is, absolutely, because of a man with flying reindeer.
Old Posted 02-02-2011, 11:10 PM Reply With Quote