View Single Post
Pattern Recognizer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
(I know it's our own responsibility to find a job, but when a school "guarantees" that you'll have job finding services, and that's one of their selling points at the orientation and school hunting, it's kind of wrong to barely have career services, or to basically have it be non-existent.)
You get the bureaucratic runaround at school? That's terrible! Force them into answers if/when you have to. :(
Yes, I'm glad they gave me a lead, no matter how slight. I don't mind that -- I just don't want them to take my refusal the wrong way. I'm not stuck-up or a worthless bum. I live on my own and am responsible for paying my own bills. I can't afford to take a minimum-wage job, especially not for experience I already have.

@Silverbleed: I feel for your sister. What's the point of a fancy education, if you're doing something that any kid could do?

The school I'm at is pretty much a trade school, although it touts itself as a college. It's somewhere people go after university, or after they've been in the workforce for a while.
Trisphite Map

Old Posted 02-16-2011, 07:33 AM Reply With Quote