View Single Post
Desolation Denizen
"So long as the Holy Grail remains stained by the sins of the Prodigal King, I shall never be healed. For there are none worthy. Do you comprehend this? None. You may have your wish, whatever it may be, I permit this -- no further ill done in the Grail's name can make any difference now-- but when you are through, my Master, I will take the Cup of Christ, and none shall ever touch it again. Not until all the world is redeemed. If I had a wish, it would be thus, but I am not the savior who was promised. I am merely one fit to carry all the world's evil. I weep to think what cost true salvation will carry, if ever it comes."

Suddenly, Pelles is brandishing the Spear, poised halfway between Lucienne and the sky. His bloody gaze affixes her. "I swear this, by the blood of God upon this Spear: I will destroy the unworthy who stand as our enemies. I have mourned the death of my soul for far too long. This coming dawn shall see a sun of utter wrath rise for your maiméd king. Nothing on Earth will stop me."
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 01-11-2016, 06:04 PM Reply With Quote