View Single Post
Developer
Default Mega Man: The Light of Will (Updates Tue/Fri/Sun)   #1  
Author's Notes:

The frame story is intended to be set in 22XX with the unearthing of the ruins of one of Dr. Wily's labs. My goal is to present this in a "found footage" style, primarily in the form of newsreels, experiment logs, and journal entries, possibly with some exposition by the archaeologists reflecting on what the new information adds to the known history. That said, given the constraints of NaNoWriMo I'm not going to waste time editing the material into that style during the contest; if it comes out in the right style, yay, but if it doesn't I'm just going to leave it and come back and fix it in editing.

I write very non-linearly. My habit is to write the scenes as I'm inspired for them and then go back and organize them and tie them together with segues and exposition. I intend to post a scene every day, but they probably won't be in order for people reading along. I'll be maintaining a parallel "story only" thread that I WILL keep in publication order.

Acknowledgements:

This story is heavily inspired by The Megas. It was originally conceived as a novelization of Get Equipped and History Repeating, trying to tie together the stories told in the lyrics with an original idea I had for Dr. Wily's underlying strategy. A lot of the characterization of the Robot Masters draws from how they're characterized in the songs.

I owe my knowledge of the Green Lantern setting to With This Ring by Mr Zoat. I'm not going to be sticking with any specific canon, but I've barely read/seen any of the source material, so basically everything I know is drawn from there. I don't currently intend to actually use any DC Comics characters or any of Mr Zoat's OCs, except possibly in passing.

Finally, I want to acknowledge The Infinite Loops. I don't believe I'm actually drawing anything from that setting (at least not consciously) but Fused Loops are what inspired me to consider writing about crossover AUs in an episodic format.

Word count: 166 (the Acknowledgements section is going in the final product)
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-01-2017, 05:22 PM Reply With Quote