View Single Post
Desolation Denizen
Default   #41  
She doesn't look toward him, or do anything to acknowledge his presence, just stares into her drink wondering how she got into this mess. She was always so careful! But... no one could really be invisible to a group like the one after her. That mesmer had probably tracked her down herself; she was good enough for it.

Tsaerri takes a sip of the vile drink in effort to quiet her nerves and quietly says, "There was someone waiting for me when I got home. A White Mantle assassin." She almost killed me. The feeling of vulnerability is making her feel absolutely sick. She's never had to rely on anyone for help, and to think that he would be the only person she'd have to turn to is an almost unbearable thought. It's more out of paralyzing discomfort than any effort of will that she avoids sobbing into her drink.

Why would you even help me? I've been nothing but awful to you. And you don't even really know how bad I can be, yet.

Her voice grating, Tsae adds, "I assume you understand what that means."

With a grimace, she tosses her head back and downs the remainder of the mug, digging her nails into the counter in attempt to avoid gagging. She slams the container back down with significantly less force than she meant to. Her hands are shaking.

Damn it.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 09-16-2016, 11:34 PM Reply With Quote