View Single Post
Developer
SUBJECT: Experiment Log - Green Light Projector
AUTHOR: Dr. Albert Wily
DATE: July 2, 20XX
FORMAT: Holovid + Telemetry with attachments

The holovid changes perspectives as the computer correlates Mega Man's data files of the encounter with a relevant entry in Dr. Wily's experiment logs. A window to one side of the video feed displays one of the attachments, a text-only transcript of Dr. Wily's notes about a device he has labeled a "Green Light Projector."

Though the green alien floating in the air in front of Mega Man has no mouth, Wily's voice still comes from it.

"A power you don't even know you have... and I command it!"

Mega Man scowls and readies his Mega Buster. "I don't care about power!"

"What's that weapon on your arm, if it's not power?" The alien begins to drift around the room, just showing off its ability to fly freely without needing thrusters or propellers.

The frown on Mega Man's face deepens. "I don't have it because I want power. I have it because I want to stop people like you!"

"Stop me? By all means, please try!"

The alien opens fire, flying up higher than Mega Man can jump and shooting off condensed energy rounds. Mega Man returns fire with his matching munitions, but they splash harmlessly off the alien's toughened hide.

"Aren't you going to try?" Wily taunts. "I'm waiting."

The hero pushes on, trying to step up his game. Mega Man doesn't have much trouble dodging Wily's attacks, but he's having trouble counterattacking. The Air Shooter comes next, tornadoes ripping through the air, but a pulse of green light shreds them into harmless wisps.

Mega Man doesn't even take the time to act frustrated about it, moving on to other weapons -- but the Leaf Shield bounces off harmlessly and a flurry of Quick Boomerangs collapse into shapeless blobs of energy that absorb into the alien's body. The Crash Bomber proves itself useless as it sails past and detonates harmlessly against the far wall.

Wily lets out a gleeful giggle, swooping across the room and punching Mega Man right in central mass. Mega Man staggers but keeps his footing, hurling two Metal Blades at the alien's back as he flies away. They sink in, the teeth of the ceramic titanium saw blades digging into the green bones, and Wily lets out a cry.

Or... is it a laugh?

The Metal Blades pop out with a flash of green light, revealing that Wily's body is completely uninjured.

Wily cackles. "Marvelous, marvelous! Even better than predicted! Even my most powerful weapon to date is no match for my new power!"

Mega Man turns red and yellow, starting to glow as his temperature alarms begin to sound again. It's the Atomic Fire, and he's charging it up to the same level he did before. "I thought this one was your most powerful!"

The fireball roars through the air, lighting up the whole room for a moment before it engulfs the alien body... and then washes over it, revealing a bright green bubble shield protecting a gleeful Dr. Wily.

The mad scientist laughs. "No, I think the Metal Blade is better!" He drops the bubble shield and returns fire with a spray of energy balls.

Mega Man quickly unequips the overheating weapon as he runs serpentine to avoid the counterattack. He's running out of strategies to try. A flash of white light signals the activation of the Time-Stopper, but if it hadn't been for that there would have been no other sign that Mega Man had used the weapon -- Wily doesn't even so much as slow down.

"Do you really think I wouldn't have designed a defense against that one?" Dr. Wily dives in for another punch, and Mega Man equips the Bubble Lead in desperation, his last option. He sidesteps the punch and deploys a Bubble Lead at point-blank range.

The entire room flickers as the bubble implodes, and the outlines of Wily's alien form wobble and distort.

Dr. Wily is incredulous. "WHAT?"

But Mega Man knows what to do now. He rapidly switches between Item-1 and the Bubble Lead, making himself platforms to stay within striking distance. Wily tries to evade with erratic flight, but the first attack seems to have damaged a critical system, and Mega Man is able to land several more hits before the Item-1 finally runs out of energy and he has to jump to the ground.

The alien flickers out of existence, revealing a small hovering capsule at its core. With the projectors damaged, the hologram concealing Dr. Wily's control station fails, and the scientist leaps out of it when he realizes that he's been beaten, cowering on the ground and begging for mercy.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-08-2018, 01:39 AM Reply With Quote