View Single Post
Developer
SUBJECT: Encounter Log - Dr. Wily
AUTHOR: Rock [DLN-001]
DATE: July 2, 20XX
FORMAT: Holovid + Telemetry + Annotations

The elevator opens into an aircraft service bay... which is vacant. A large iris in the floor is opened to reveal a very wide, rough-hewn tunnel, large enough to fly one of Wily's trademark saucers through, leading straight down.

In the absence of any other way to go, Mega Man jumps in.

About halfway down, Mega Man deploys an Item-1 platform beneath his feet and uses it to slow his descent. He jumps off near the ground and looks around. The tunnel extends horizontally a for a short distance; it appears to be built under a natural hot springs formation, and hot mineral water drips from cracks in the tunnel ceiling. And at the end of the tunnel is one of Dr. Wily's familiar blast doors built into a large wall of reinforced steel.

Mega Man approaches the door cautiously, but instead of having to force it open or find a control panel, it opens for him, as if inviting him to come inside.

Dr. Wily's amplified voice echoes through the darkened bunker.

"I was wondering how long it would take you to get here!"

Mega Man raises his buster in an instant, looking around.

"Of course, Thomas's prized creation chooses violence as his first response! So predictable."

A holographic projector built into the ceiling powers up, casting a star chart on the walls and providing enough dim illumination to see Dr. Wily standing in the middle of the room, his hands in the pockets of his lab coat and a smug look on his face.

"I'm sure you have questions. I'm sure the first question is... 'why?' Well, 'Mega Man'," the quotes are almost audible from the amount of sarcasm Wily pours into those two words, "If you must know..."

Dr. Wily begins to levitate off the ground, glowing with a brilliant green light.

"I've discovered something incredible! Let me show you!"

Wily's lab coat melts away as his body swells. His head stretches out as his eyes turn red and grow to dominate his face. His shoulders and ribs grow into thick armor plates as tubes of toughened flesh wrap around his limbs. Softer flesh can be seen hiding inside the armor, rising and falling with Wily's breaths.

"A power you don't even know you have... and I command it!"
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-30-2017, 01:53 PM Reply With Quote