View Single Post
Developer
Default   #21  
I hope you're enjoying Mega Man: The Light of Will so far! This has just been an extended introduction so far: the Robot Master battles aren't really the meat of the story. The last update is a lot closer to how the rest of the story is going to feel, really getting into the meat of the social impact on the world and the character interactions. Mega Man 3 isn't going to play out anything like Mega Man 2 did! Sure, there WILL be Robot Master battles, but the focus isn't going to be on the fights themselves.

But this also marks a turning point in how I'm going to be writing the story.

NaNoWriMo is a bust. Between overtime at work, four days of traveling, and three days of minimal Internet access, I just wasn't able to maintain the necessary pace. I'm not going to consider it an outright failure but "50,000 words in 30 days" is definitely not an achievable goal. ;)

Going forward, I'm going to take a bit of time to restructure my outline to be more appropriate for publishing it as a serial. I'll also need to figure out what I want my update schedule to be, how much I want to try to write for each update, and how much of a buffer I want to establish.

I'm not sure if I'm going to continue cross-posting on Trisphee or if I'm going to just publish exclusively on Sufficient Velocity. Is anyone actually reading it here?
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-26-2017, 11:13 PM Reply With Quote