View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
Default   #37  
Chidi clamped her mouth shut and nodded, deciding then that when they were in front of him she was going to only answer when spoken to and pray she was never spoken to. If Tritonia was trying to upset Chidi, it was working. Goosebumps speckled her forearms as she imagined the process of said filleting. But, regardless of her intentions, she gave Chidi a fairly decent compliment; “Such lovely Southlander skin” would be a waste as a cloak as opposed to something else. Nevermind that that something else could be on her own living body. Again, she was at a loss for words, colored cheeks and clenching fists saying more than words could.

Chidi could feel Tritonia's eyes on her as she mused about...something. Chidi couldn't place it, but Tritonia's gaze made her look like a predator, eyes latched onto her next prey – the juicy, tender, and trembling former whore. The clicking of Tritonia's tongue, the tingle the gold claw sent down Chidi's spine further instilled this idea and Chidi stopped, frozen where she stood. To this point, the women had been making decent time, their words fueling their feet rather than stopping them, but now they stood, eyes locked. “For two hundred gold a week, I will do anything or wear anything you ask,” she breathed, trying to keep her voice steady. “Forgive me, Mistress, but male passions would be the hardest to detect from my clothing. My specialty was...not that.”

“I'm afraid I'd need more than two hundred to take care of a couple of children,” she finally said, laughing and grateful for the small break in tension. “I'm not exactly a motherly creature, and one of you is going to be demanding all of my attention anyway.” True, Chidi was trying to get on Tritonia's good side, but she'd set parameters in the process. No children. Children not part of the contract. Gorgeous women who might also have the potential to kill are welcome, however. Welcome whenever they liked. “How your beauty slays men?” Chidi asked, raising an eyebrow, “Darling you don't give yourself enough credit. Your beauty slays women. I was disappointed when you wouldn't take me in my room and I don't feel that way about many customers. Now, how was that for a compliment?”

Chidi's spirits couldn't be brought down. She was content enough to a smile lazily creep tot he corners of her lips as they walked, “Yes, you're right. I suppose I am lacking context. I guess I'll just have to see for myself what he might be looking for.”
All that is empty in the drawing should be filled in, the teacher said to us kids. First you sharpen the pencil to fill in the thin whiskers, then you use the thick crayon to fill in the wings with brown, meticulously and without letting the crayon leave the page. Six feet can be traced below the soft belly. Now, breathing is hard to detect on paper, the teacher said to me when I asked, but it is easier to feel it in real life.

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Old Posted 01-02-2019, 02:15 AM Reply With Quote