View Single Post
Barrel of Monkeys
"Well, if you were to rear your head and say something foolish, then I would simply have to deny any existence of knowing you while he most likely fillets you into some form of human-skin cloak." It was a rather casual nonchalance in Tritonia's voice that was probably more unsettling, but the bard finally gave in; her words flickering with a bit more distaste. "And that would be a good waste of such lovely Southlander skin."

Tritonia made a mental note to herself to make sure the babble between the two was going to remain at such interesting levels. Rarely was there someone who could make the bard snicker and think, before the bard scanned Chidi up and down slowly, before clicking her tongue - a golden claw reaching out and flicking the girl's chin with the barest of glances. "It's so nice you're willing to wear what I want, and do the things I ask. It's going to make everything so much easier to deal with." A small pause. "When we get somewhere more civilized, if you've behaved you can have a forward on your little payment of gold. So you can frollick in something that doesn't reek of the scents of musk and male...Passions. Urgh."

"If they were even an ounce of my own motivation, I'd pawn them off to someone else. Let them deal with the fruits of my own labor. Probably you, if you were still around. Congratulations. You're a mother now, because I wouldn't want them." Tritonia spat out, waggling her brows and taking long, elaborate strides through the crowd when she saw a small gaggle of humans heading the way they had come to get into the thick of the city. Brushing the chance for their stink to sink into her clothes Tritonia looked back towards Chidi and raised a brow, before rolling her eyes. "Speaking of work, compliment me. I'm feeling oh so insecure. Regale me with how my beauty slays men or something."

Tritonia hated the outside. With a passion. There was a reason humans dwelt in towns and cities, and this was why. The sun beat down on her mercilessly, the layers of caked on makeup beginning to run slowly, and her fine golden hair began to fritz ever so slightly. "Simpleton." Was all she said towards Chidi's admiration of nature, before the bard shook her head. "It's not a matter of your status. If you believe that is something the almighty Shechita of the Sons of Chelm is looking for? You're already misjudging him."
"I just want to come home," said the Astronaut.
"So come home," said Ground Control.
"So come home," said the Voice from the Stars.

“And he goes around killing people?” said Mort.
He shook his head. “There’s no justice.”
Death sighed. NO, he said,... THERE'S JUST ME.
Old Posted 12-31-2018, 09:13 PM Reply With Quote