View Single Post
Barrel of Monkeys
"Did you not get a taste of bardic magic when you panicked and struck me? Special chords to tug at the mind and bring it into that animalistic 'Fight-or-Flight' panic. It worked rather well. Seeing as how you're hear heeding what I say." Tritonia chimed, before taking a deep breath and waving a hand around while she tried to explain. "Scarlet Emperor. It's a dreary name for the leader of an equally dreary place. I understand bringing misery to people you don't like, but at the same time. You can only stomp on someone before you simply have to put the blade in their heart and move on. He's crotchety and annoying. We won't be seeing too much of him. Be thankful for that."

Flattery was doing its job, and the pale-skinned bard couldn't hide behind a neutral face; A fanged smile cracking along her face before she rolled her neck and let a lopsided head gaze on the Southlander. "Call me what you wish. I'll have to make sure you're dressed for the occasion however if you're so keen on calling me 'Mistress.' There's not enough leather in the world to clad you properly, in my tastes."

"If whomever is marrying me is rich enough, I'll settle down. I'll hike my skirt up when needed. The issue is no one is ever sufficiently rich. You could hand me the hordes of dragons. It's not enough. Never enough." Tritonia said, a small lust for wealth consuming her mind before she shook her head and focused on the bauble she picked up. "One less thing for an indentured servant to do? I feel like that would cut into the profits you could use to free yourself."

The anticipated rustics of rural scenery made their approach and Tritonia frowned. Nature was an abomination. Filthy and tiring. With monsters and other things eager to ruin a perfectly good chance to have a quiet bout of traveling. "Immediate jobs? We have one. I'm going to be playing matchmaker for the one I told you about. Schechita." She let the words sink into Chidi's head and possibly fill her with anxiety before she added with a dry tone. "Don't flatter yourself. I'm not pawning you off to a warlord. Besides. I know for a fact you're not the kind of person he infatuates himself with."
"I just want to come home," said the Astronaut.
"So come home," said Ground Control.
"So come home," said the Voice from the Stars.

“And he goes around killing people?” said Mort.
He shook his head. “There’s no justice.”
Death sighed. NO, he said,... THERE'S JUST ME.
Old Posted 12-19-2018, 07:11 PM Reply With Quote