View Single Post
Have A Cup Of Me
Lol of course . It's a pretty long story though , quite a few reasons .

Firstly , I think magpies are the most beautiful birds in the world . Simply like that . <3
Ever watched one closely ? Whoever thinks they're plainly black and white deserves a kick in the butt . They're way more complicated than that .

Furthermore , unlike the whole myth around them that they'd bring misfortune , I feel like they're lucky to me . It's maybe very silly , but whenever I'm nervous or worried about a situation I keep looking out to see one , and if I do , it actually calms me down and I will be alright anyway . No matter if I see one (for sorrow) or two (for joy) . ;D
Because of this I'd like one to "watch my back" or something , I don't know :)

Let's see what's more ... I like everything they stand for , or at least , what I feel they stand for . Their beauty and elegance , often flowing over in arrogance and vanity of course , not to forget their dominance which doesn't make them loved in the bird world . Yet they're amazingly intelligent and curious . And like swans , they pick one partner for the rest of their lives , which I think is really beautiful . And in the end ... they're just so misunderstood by humans . I hate it when people get pissy all over them because "those bastards murdered another baby bird , they didn't even have to , mean things !" . Though they only take other baby birds when they haven't got enough to feed their own ... and who's there at their defence when a crow just takes an adult magpie ? No one , " 'cause that's nature" xD

Some of these things , along with their being easily distracted , especially by shiny things (though the fable about them stealing it is untrue) got me nicknamed "Ekster" (Magpie in Dutch) by some people , I totally don't mind that ;D

Undoubtedly there's more , but I can't recall it this instant . x3
Just trust me when I say magpies mean a lot to me . :D
Old Posted 09-18-2011, 02:09 PM Reply With Quote