View Single Post
Moderation Admin
I usually try to avoid this forum, but I personally have experienced this and know exactly how you feel. The common stereotypes for being a homosexual male are unfortunately engrained in most people due to the overly-feminine homosexual males on TV and the internet.

I went through the exact same thing; when I came out to people (mostly females, for male friends were a rarity for me), they wanted me to help them do their make-up and go shopping with them. I may be into men, but I'm still a male and do not want to be 'one of the girls.' I dress in male clothes, don't wear any make up, and don't to fit into that stereotype.

I do see the stereotype on a daily basis, and it does drive me crazy, not for the fact that it exists (as it wouldn't exist if it wasn't, to some degree, true), but that males who just happen to like males are expected to be that way as well.

As to your relationship, my first fit the stereotype exactly and used me and threw me away, so I really feel for you. Luckily, I have found a new boyfriend and we've been together for almost six years now (and he doesn't fit the stereotype, just like me). You can find someone who treats you right and is more like you, I believe it.

Demo, if you ever need someone to talk to, know that I am available either by PMs or Skype. I've been there and am willing to listen if you need someone. :3

Galla: always, all the time, a galla has no tolerance for it, and galla has all the tolerance.

Trisphee Site Rules | Sei's Hideout
Old Posted 08-03-2011, 02:13 AM Reply With Quote