View Single Post
We're all mad here.
Default   #19  
Personally, I like the races the way they are. I think each has enough detail in it to be relatively distinct but is also open enough to allow for various interpretations of appearance, whic I think is best for tris.

If you think about it, when you add too many specific details to a race, it limites the amount of freedom people have when making one as well as the number of items that could be used. It's one thing to say that a race has general animal features like ears and tails; it's another to talk about specific things like scaled skin. Ears and tails of varying sorts can be found all over trisphee, one doens't need to seek out too many specific items while furred skins or scales are much more limited to just a few items, some of which may be expensive and hard to get. It can be disappointing for people who really want to emulate their chosen race.

Also, for the sake of realism, I think the fairly open appearances of the races is more realistic. Look at a human and describe one? Hair colour, hair type, eyes, and skin colour run the gamut. Why shouldn't it be the same for other races?

Just my thoughts on the topic.
Old Posted 07-07-2011, 12:50 AM Reply With Quote