View Single Post
Desolation Denizen
Default Eschaton -- OOC & Sign Up   #1  
So... by popular request, I am running a roleplay. Note that I have no experience with this sort of roleplaying, so it might take me some getting used to.

Here's the basics:

Follow Trisphee's rules, obviously.

This'll be private, I'm looking for at most 8 players, but preferably less.

It's a post-apocalyptic fantasy based on the Book of Revelation in the Bible, with some sci-fi elements, too. I'll be posting the setting information in the game thread when I get it up and running.

This is intended to be serious and intricate. I'd appreciate people only signing up if they're sure they want to play. You can expect a fair bit of action, but hopefully a lot of character interaction as well.

I expect posts to be literate and have some thought put into them. Also, let's try to keep in-character here. This is not a nice world; humor should probably be kept at a minimum unless it's a character trait.

For your character concepts (and I will post criteria in the following post) we're looking at human survivors of the apocalypse, preferably of middle-of-the-road power, i.e. not a threat to the big guns of the setting, but also not in too much trouble if some raiders show up in a humvee.

I've come up with a lot of special equipment to outfit your characters with, so hopefully you can have fun with that. You'll find more as we play.

And... I think that about does it for this post. I'll put the character submission format in the next post and the items in the following. I'm not sure if I'll get around to making the RP thread proper tonight, but if not tonight, then tomorrow.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 06-19-2011, 12:37 AM