View Single Post
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Default   #25  
Oh, Virtual Private Network, it changes your IP because basically you're connected to someone else's network. And when I had to download a bunch of stuff from MegaUpload, that's probably why I signed up for the free account.

Anyways, on to my initial reactions to the game. There are a few formatting issues with the text, or rather, a few spots where punctuation or extra spaces were present, though I'm sure those will be taken care of in time. I think I noticed one spelling error too right before the first boss fight.
Second, that first town? It's TOO BIG. I personally think it should be scaled down slightly, if only for gameplay purposes, I couldn't initially find where I needed to go only because I kept missing it by being too far away.
Third, balance...I know you talked about this, that stuff would be hard but there's a few things. In the first battle Orec died in two hits (no criticals) while the other guy...uhh.. can't remember his name for whatever reason, lasted against 4 hits without dying. And then the Fiends in the next scene, while it seems they do not use it often, their drain ability is quite powerful and if they continually use it, the battle takes too long for the resources spent. I'd recommend either lowering it's power or limiting the enemy's SP to only be used once. And as for the boss...I also remember you talking about specific strategies and the like but apparently he got a free turn that paralyzed all but my slowest member, and it also did a critical that downed a character from full HP. And yes I had killed all the fiends in town that I could find (another problem with the big town I might add). You may want to either tone them down slightly or at least have a method of finding out what works best against them. Or having saves right before the bosses so you can use the knowledge gained from the first fight to beat them the second. This being the first boss I would suggest going a bit easier on the player, especially since I could not find a spot to save after killing the fiends.

Aside from these though I am enjoying it. It's a standard battle style with some nice touches added by you. I'll play more later and get some revenge on that boss...

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 06-14-2011, 01:03 PM Reply With Quote