View Single Post
writing machine in bad repair
I'm bleh.

My friend is a giant Lady Gaga fan, and knows that I really love religiously-themed stuff (One of my favorite albums of all time is Jesus Christ Superstar, and I take religion/theological classes for jollies in college) so he thought I would enjoy it... but really, Lady Gaga could have done so much better than that. With the theme she was exploring (being drawn to the "darkness" of Judas, Jesus's supposed betrayer, instead of the "light" of Jesus) and the religious undertones, a lyrically good song was more than possible. Instead, she pandered to the lowest common denominator and came up with a boring, lyrically insipid dance track.

I'm mostly disappointed in her. I mean, I know that she knows people are going to buy her album no matter what, but that should never be a reason for creatively "checking out".

If you want music that explores religion, seriously. Jesus Christ Superstar. A rock opera detailing the last days of Jesus Christ, from the perspectives of Judas, Jesus, and Mary Magdalene. It's absolutely beautiful.

If you just want dance-techno-pop... well, I guess you're okay with sticking with Lady Gaga.

Old Posted 05-17-2011, 02:06 PM Reply With Quote