View Single Post
Desolation Denizen
Default   #31  
I've been writing pretty much my entire life, and similarly to Uke, above, I have a novel (series, likely) I've been writing since I was very young, though it's gone through a lot of different stages.

I used to write plays when I was a kid, too, Quiet. You never told me about that. :p Though, mine were always ponderously plot-heavy and confusing to my "actors" (read: father, and sister, in the bleak past when I used to count her as a family member.)

I write a lot of poetry, I think I'm over 100 poems, now, though I tend to delete ones that I don't like after a while. My poetry tends to be either very misanthropic and bitter, or heavily religiously-themed, on the order of various apocryphae, gnosticisms, Kabbalah and other occult inspirations that no one ever seems to understand. Come on, is the Hypostasis of the Archons really that complicated? :p

As mentioned above, I have an epic fantasy novel I've been working on for 12 years that's nowhere near completed, though I have a firm outline for it, now. It's kind of complicated to sum up, but it follows a warrior with severe PTSD whose demi-goddess sister was killed 12 years before, from which he's never recovered and now has a very... strange notion of the value of life.

I'm also writing a collaborative novel with my cousin, which seems a fairly standard secondary-world medieval succession crisis until the dead king turns out to be not-so-dead and comes back as an abomination to punish his murderers.

And then, I have plans for a novel (another epic fantasy, seeing a pattern here?) in which I want to tell an "anti-hero's journey" in which the main character goes through the usual steps, except is being groomed to destroy the world rather than save it, and fails utterly at her tasks and dies without accomplishing anything. I... kind of have a thing for tearing apart cliches. :p
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 05-11-2011, 08:15 PM Reply With Quote